Bones - 9/25/07 - "The Widow's Son in the Windshield" *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    This case is going to come back again and again throughout the season!! I'm glad Zack is back. When the show first started, I was like "who's that guy", not remember the end of last year.

By the way, the "vault" was neat to see in the Jeffersonian basement! I bet building that set was interesting!

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Kind of silly, though... A) How could they break down and reconstruct a bank vault in any reasonable period of time at any reasonable expense, and B) what possible forensic advantage would it have, especially considering that they would probably have to taint every conceivable bit of evidence in the process?

Still, if I wanted an accurate show about criminal forensics, I'd watch CSI...oh, wait. Good thing I don't want an accurate show about criminal forensics! :D

3. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    It may not have been accurate, but I suspect that it's going to be used a few times this season. Which I don't mind. If they have the budget, I say why not?

4. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    (waits for people to start complaining about spoilers w/o tags)

5. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    First off -- there's nothing spoilerish about Keith Carradine's role on Criminal Minds. His identity wasn't the mystery.

Second -- I will grant you that any information about a storyline in an unrelated series could upset people who weren't expecting to see it in this thread. My bad.

Third -- if you hadn't quoted my spoiler, I could delete it, and it no longer would be a problem.

So I'll delete the original post, and you delete your quote of it, and then I'll delete this quote of your post. 'mkay?

I've also deleted the comment about the original Temperance Brennan novels by Kathy Reichs, because that could be spoilerish to someone who might want to read them.

In fact, I probably will confine my TV Talk remarks in the future to "good episode!" and "nice actor/actress!" and "I didn't think they would do that!" or "I totally called that one!"

6. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    I was kind of liking the new guy that took Zack's place. Oh, well.

7. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I don't think mentioning the books by Kathy Reichs is spoilerish. things in them maybe, but the books themselves are mentioned at the opening of every show.

Personally, I like hearing teasers about books, it's what gets me to read them.

8. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Plus, we have discussed the differences between the Tempe Brennan of the books and the Tempe Brennan of the TV show many times. No big deal at all.

I also think Verdugan may have just been missing a smiley, Gray. Don't take it so personally.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, it struck me as ironic commentary on the lamentable and growing tendency for people around here to cry "spoiler" at the drop of a hat (oops, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that somebody drops a hat)....

10. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    So what's up with Hodgins' hair? Didn't he used to have twice the 'fro?

11. firerose818

firerose818 Now 65 pounds less! TCF Club

Jul 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I like the new 'do! :up:

12. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    My take on the bank vault is this:

1) Photograph, video, bag, & tag all evidence. That's what you'd do anyway.
    2) Move it
    3) Reconstruct it in situ at the Jeffersonian so your borderline psychotic squints can see it in context without having to breathe outside air.
    4) ???
    5) Profit!

But you're right, it does strain credulity. It's gonna be fun, though.

-MM
    P.S. Hodgins is good for Angela. She looked radiant this episode.

13. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    I hated it. I'm a guy, though, and my wife loved it. He reminded me of Kramer from Seinfeld when they had low-flow shower heads.

14. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    This girl hate his fro! :)

15. gschrock

gschrock Active Member

Dec 27, 2001
    holt, mi
    My wife seemed to like it, took me a while to figure out who the hell it was. Didn't really like it, just looks plain wrong. Course, I tend to wear my hear long myself.

Course, Zack with the military cut was even weirder.

16. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    He had several tv/movie roles during the hiatus. It's not unusual to have to trim your hair for a another role.

17. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    Me too. I thought they had decided to add some more color to the cast. Guess not.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I hope you're not talking about skin color. That would be incredibly racist...

19. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Yes, I agree. I was hoping that they would have added him to the cast as a new member of the team. When I saw the credits, and the actor that plays Zack was there, but the new guy wasn't, I new he was just there for a little unnecessary tension.

Zack failed to assimilate. (Send him into a Borg hive, the ultimate weapon!) Ah, HEM... That must be a little depressing to hear, that you were sent back because of unconformity. He's a perfect member of Brennan's team though.

20. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    So there's a bank that someone wants to keep as a historic site. Designed by L'Enfant himself. And they rip out a vault that was built into the foundation?