Bonanza

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hahathatsfunny, May 20, 2020.

1. hahathatsfunny

hahathatsfunny Member

Jul 29, 2008

Advertisements

Currently, MeTV, INSP and TV Land air Bonanza.

A few streaming apps and smaller networks like Z Living only air episodes from the first two seasons, which I believe might be available on the public domain.

Does MeTV run episodes past season 2? I have seen TV Land and INSP guide show listings of episodes from later seasons, but not sure about MeTV.

2. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Last time I saw an episode of Bonanza was when I visited my Uncle in the nursing home. I loved it back in the day, though. ;)

3. LarryAtHome

LarryAtHome Active Member

Feb 18, 2008
    MeTV lists the episodes in their guide. see episode guide
    Watch on MeTV
    Looks like they have season 1 through 14

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Season 1 is included on Amazon Prime until 5/31.

I'd want somewhere to watch uncut eps.. I watched a bunch of it as a kid in reruns, but with so many seasons, I probably only saw a small # of eps, and then I didn't know tons was cut out for more commercials.. (they show up as 49 minutes on amazon.. heck, half hour shows are now sometimes under 20 minutes of show.. see some animated shows for example)

5. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

49 to 51 minutes for the 1960s seems about right.

6. hahathatsfunny

hahathatsfunny Member

Jul 29, 2008
    I was able to view the Bonanza series finale, "The Hunter", on INSP as it just recently aired there. Great episode, and directed by Michael Landon. Also, very interesting to see Michael Landon from season 1 where he is a young man, to season 14 where he already has graying hair. INSP runs these episodes as Bonanza: Lost Episodes. Does Me TV and TV Land air them like that?

The newer "lost" episodes have this fast version of the classic theme song. Don't like that it is hurried up version of original classic theme song though.

---
    I currently get INSP through FrndlyTV, only $7.99/month which has a cloud DVR, but once recorded, the metadata of the episode doesn't have the Season #, Ep # and Episode Title. I have emailed FrnlyTV and they said they are working on this fix but I can't figure out why it is taking so long to get that fixed. Fubo has it on Fubo Extra but it's over $66/month. Fubo also has SONY Movie Channel and getTV. I'd think these channels would be well suited and complementary in Philo.

Last edited: May 27, 2020