Bolt - wrong time zone

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Dancar, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Dancar

Dancar Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Seattle,...

Advertisements

We're setting up our new Bolt, but it seems to have downloaded the East Coast schedule, then converted the times to West Coast (where we live).

For example, as I write this, AMC is showing the Rifleman, but according to the Guide, Mad Max should be on. I know it's not a cable company or AMC Scheduling error, because our 8-year old TIVO-HD correctly shows The Rifleman on now, with Mad Max coming up at 1:30pm - an hour that is now past on the East Coast.

I've already repeated guided setup - verifying the zip code and cable system - and rebooted. But the schedule on the Bolt is still incorrect. We've had this issue with Tivo before but I don't recall what fixed it. Does anyone recall the fix?

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Hey Dan! I'm not one of the experts here, but I do have some experience with Tivos loading channels with east coast programming instead of pacific coast programming.

Sometimes it is the cable co (we have Charter here in N. NV) company, changing channel info before the actual programming has changed.

With this, coming simultaneously with the new guide info thing at Tivo, I wonder if it picked up the wrong cable co info. When you go to 'Acct & System Info' and then 'System Information' does it show the correct cable info (second page) under 'Cable Provider'? I wonder if it picked up the wrong one.

3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh, I just noticed this is your first Bolt that you're just setting up. On the Bolt, you find system info by going to 'settings and messages' and then choose 'Help', then you can see where to keep going.

Took me a while to find that when I got my Bolt a few months ago. :)

4. Dancar

Dancar Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Seattle,...
    Interesting...

The Bolt lists the Cable Provider as "Comcast <name of my town> Standard Cable * (Temporary)" which was the best option provided during Guided Setup.

The Tivo HD which we've had for years and has correct program data lists "Comcast <name of our country> Cable"

What does the asterisk mean and why (Temporary)? Is this something that corrects itself in a background process after a few days?

5. Dancar

Dancar Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Seattle,...

Advertisements

So now I'm reading here that Tivo is in the process of phasing over the Program Guide system. He haven't seen any notice on our Tivo HD about a switch, so I assume it's still on the old system.

Is the Bolt, being new, on Rovi? How can I tell?

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The asterisk means you have been converted to Rovi.

You might try finding in what zipcode your headend (office) is located. Go to tvguide.com (or tv.com) and use that zipcode to see the cable options. If one looks good, rerun Guided Setup with that zipcode. You can no longer use zap2it for guide settings.