Bolt+ won't pause or backup sometimes on live TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by kdc914, Feb 24, 2020.

1. kdc914

kdc914 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    I have a very frustrating problem. Sometimes, not always, when watching live TV my Bolt+ and attached Minis will not pause or backup. I can switch channels and do everything ELSE, but can't pause or "rewind". Later in the same day, it's back to normal function. I haven't yet found a pattern to this behavior but it's extremely frustrating. Has anyone else seen this?

Note: if watching previously recorded material, this does NOT happen ever.

2. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    I've seen that on my Roamio Plus. The fix, for me, is to watch a recording...even just a few seconds of a recording. Then pause, rewind and fast-forward work normally...for a while.

Mikeguy and kdc914 like this.
  3. kdc914

kdc914 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    wow, that's it. Weird that it works, but thank you very much. Would love to know what CAUSES it. I can't say for certain but it seems like it started when that pre-roll ad crap stated. Thanks.

4. djones18

djones18 Active Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Something similar just started happening on my Bolt +. Using hydra, pre-roll ad starts and I press fast forward. This skips pre-roll ad and starts the beginning of my recorded program. In the last several days pressing any button on TiVo remote (with old or new batteries) immediately after pre-roll ad has no effect on the TiVo. 3-5 seconds into my recorded program the TiVo starts responding to remote inputs again. Restarting box/resetting tuning adapter/power recycle have no effect. I find this frustrating because sometime I want to fast forward when a recording begins to skip intros.

Haven't experienced this particular issue before though I am on my 4th Bolt in 2.5 years after 3 other hard drive or power supply failures. Still looking for an explanation. Is it software/firmware change or another failing box?

5. mblloyd

mblloyd Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Mercer...
    I have see a very similar
    Same here on the Bolt. So my prior suspicion was that it might be due to interference coming from a Roku command sent by me to a TCL (Ruku based) TV. No one else has expressed any such hook up so I am inclined to figure it is a S/W bug in the latest release. As happens more often nowadays, I don’t understand what I know.