Bolt VOX Netflix issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by koberlin1, Mar 17, 2019.

1. koberlin1

koberlin1 New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    We are contstantly having the same problem with playing back any title on netflix on our Tivo VOX 3TB.

It will play for about 10 sec than give us an error that the title is not available right now. We deactivate and reactivate our Netflix account on the Bolt VOX and sometimes it helps. Rebooting usually does not help. Have an AppleTV on the same TV and we usually switch over to it and it works fine.

We have (4) Tivo VOX Mini that all connect just fine to the Bolt VOX 3 TB for playing back recorded shows. They also play Netflix titles usually without issue.

Netflix also works just fine on all other devices (Roku, Panasonic bluray, Nvidia Shield) on our network.

So seems like the Bolt VOX is singled out as having issues with Netflix. Anyone else experience this and have a solution?

2. JSearfoss

JSearfoss Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Wellsboro, PA
    I am having the same problem. Most of the time rebooting will fix it. Once I had to deactivate and reactivate my Netflix account.

It started happening for me when I upgraded my TV to a new Sony 4K TV and I also upgraded my Netflix account. Before the TV upgrade I never had any problem with Netflix. I have in the meantime downgraded my Netflix account back to what it was but it dosen't take affect until April 1st to see if that will help with the problem.

3. lparsons21

lparsons21 Active Member

Feb 17, 2015
    I've had the same issue with both Netflix and HBOGo for quite some time.

4. mikey94025

mikey94025 Member

Oct 14, 2003
    San...
    Hmmm, we've had a Bolt Vox since January and no issues streaming shows from Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon FireTV apps (in that order of usage frequency). Have you tried upgrading your HDMI cables to "certified premium" if you don't already have them? That sometimes causes issues with HDMI negotiation and while I can't see why that would cause you Netflix problems it's a common, inexpensive remedy (< $10) for mysterious intermittent issues and will anyway help you with 4K in the future.

5. JxxAxxY

JxxAxxY New Member

Oct 18, 2018
    I have had this problem as well since maybe an update or two ago. Restart almost always fixes it. I have the certified premium cables you talk about. I also have a Roku that runs though it with no problem. I believe it has something to do with 4k tv and the bolt. Also they haven't fixed the issue with netflix and hdr yet. The mini work fine on the other 4k tvs but they also display hdr content as well. So I really do believe it is a bug with just the bolt and netflix.

P.S. the roku runs through the same hdmi from the avr.
    If it was the cable then the roku should have the same problem but it doesn't.

6. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    I just tried 3 titles on Netflix and didn't have any issues playing them. I do notice that of the 5 apps I've tried using the Bolt, only Vudu supports both 4k and HDR. None of the other apps (Prime, Netflix, or Plex) supported HDR.