Bolt Vox - Change font size?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by travelseeker, Nov 26, 2019.

1. travelseeker

travelseeker New Member

Nov 26, 2019
    I just switched from my ancient tivo to a new Bolt Vox. I find the font much, much smaller and my TV is only a 37 inch. Is there a way to increase the font size, especially on the "My Shows" screen? It's white on grey and tiny. Thanks

2. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Can you go to TE3?
    Would lose voice control but fonts are larger.

3. travelseeker

travelseeker New Member

Nov 26, 2019
    What is TE3? How would I do that? Thanks

4. travelseeker

travelseeker New Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Would I also lose ad skipping or anything else? (Was just reading another post.) Sorry, I'm not tech savvy at all.

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    You also would lose AutoSkip (where the TiVo box automatically skips the ad break) but not SkipMode (where the TiVo box skips over the ad break when you press the Skip button/D button/Channel up button). Also, Voice search capability, in addition to Voice control generally. You would gain back: Suggestions that works; and PC -> TiVo box show transfer capability.

Thought of one further thing you would lose (a new matter): TiVo Mini Wireless Adapter compatibility (which currently also requires a Mini Vox (perhaps coming to the Mini 2nd gen. in the future) and a 5Ghz home router).

How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1 -- applies to the Bolt Box (except not the Bolt OTA) as well

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  6. travelseeker

travelseeker New Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Thanks Mikeguy. The voice search is not an issue and glad to still have the skip mode (that's the bees knees!) I'll give it some thought.