Bolt Vox and Cox On Demand

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Gary Jackson, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Gary Jackson

Gary Jackson New Member

Mar 18, 2020
    I have read on here that the Bolt Vox is capable of getting Cox On Demand, but not how to get it. I am in Macon, Georgia and have been using my Bolt Vox for a little over a year on Cox cable, without issue (after initial install of the card and TA), but I don't see the Cox On Demand app in my app listings at all. I see instructions here on how to enable the app, but it's hard to enable if it just isn't there. Anybody know how to get the app pushed to my Bolt Vox?

2. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    From what I've seen elsewhere, you may need to call Cox and have them do something to "push" the app out.

3. Gary Jackson

Gary Jackson New Member

Mar 18, 2020
    I did post on the Cox forum this morning, so hopefully they will tell me what to do. Right now I'm a little hesitant to call them since I don't know exactly what to ask, and it took me a while, plus a FCC complaint, to get everything working to begin with.

4. Okiesnipe

Okiesnipe Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Question - Have you tried to do without the TA ? I'm on Cox, Tulsa and without the TA I get all the channels except for CW. I can do without the CW and the TA.

5. Gary Jackson

Gary Jackson New Member

Mar 18, 2020
    Yeah, I tried it without the TA, and I loose all the premium channels I pay for. Good news is I posted on the Cox TV Forum, and Cox enabled Cox On Demand from their end. I restarted the Bolt and TA, and the Cox app showed up!

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    I think cox ondemnd is down on Tivo we are getting v202 errors tivo is supposed to be working on it

7. Gary Jackson

Gary Jackson New Member

Mar 18, 2020
    It was working fine for me last night here in Middle Georgia.

8. ajwees41

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    yours might have been a different sounds like ondemand was never synced to the cable card ours has been since it launched.

9. Gary Jackson

Gary Jackson New Member

Mar 18, 2020
    Exactly what happened. Cox had to "set" the cablecard to be able to get On Demand. I didn't know that was possible till I read it on this forum. After posting on the Cox TV Forum, a Cox rep went into the Cox system and got the settings fixed.

10. ajwees41

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    also ondemand is separated on tivo's so like yours is working while ours most likely in a different city is not working.