Bolt VOX 3TB - Recordings Disappeared and OnePass not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Azz09, May 21, 2018.

1. Azz09

Azz09 New Member

Apr 30, 2012

Advertisements

Bought a Bolt VOX 3TB off of Amazon 1 week ago. Setup ~30 shows and had maybe 15-20 recordings.
    Went to the Bolt one morning and My Shows was empty. I think I did a reboot first to get the Mini VOX working, but don't know if the were gone before or after that.

To make things worse - my OnePass series do not record (started happening around same time the shows went away).

I was a 15+ year Tivo customer then moved to X1. Was thinking of coming back, but man this is making me nervous.

Spoke to support multiple times, I asked about these 2 issues and how long they have been actively worked on. They said since May 4th........

They made it sound like a lot of people were seeing these issues.

I guess my only option is to downgrade? or should I reset entire Bolt to defaults and try again?

I still have ~3 weeks to send the Bolt and Minis back to Amazon, which I might do, just not sure I can rely on Tivo again. My wife will kill me if I move us over and our recordings disappear or things don't record.
    X1 does suck but it's reliable - for the most part.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Azz09

Azz09 New Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Disregard this post, leaving up in case others have experienced this.

Going to send the Tivo back and stick with X1. I still love Tivo but I can't trust them any longer, and 800+ dollars for 3 TV's to have a DVR that it unusable unless I downgrade is a non-starter.