Bolt tuning adapter problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by dis737, Jun 16, 2020.

1. dis737

dis737 New Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Having ongoing problems with my Tivo Bolt and the tuning adapter (Charter Spectrum). I been periodically losing my premium channels even though the tuning adaper is sync'd and connected. The Tivo says "Tuning Adapter is Not Connected". I have a tech come out about once a month and they go through the process of reprovisioning the cable card and tuning adapter and it then stays locked in for maybe a week before my premium channels drop again. No one on the tech support line can get it to come back online without having to send a tech. The signal levels are fine. I'm well versed on the reboot process for the tuning adapter and in the past, sometimes that would work.

Any idea what could be causing this?

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Try a new USB cable.

Is this a Motorola/Arris or Cisco TA? If Cisco, then you need to power cycle the TA at least once a month as it will always lose its connection in that period of time. Many people put theirs on a lamp timer to reboot daily. This shouldn't be necessary with a Motorola TA.

3. dis737

dis737 New Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Yes it's a Cisco STA1520. I do frequently reboot the TA when it's out of sync (flashing light), but in this case, it is sync'd up already, but the Tivo still does not recognize it as being connected.