Bolt to replace Roamio HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Eric Bolz, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Eric Bolz

Eric Bolz New Member

Jul 22, 2020

Advertisements

My Roamio crapped out last night. If I buy a Bolt VOX from Amazon, will TIVO let me activate it? Is the Bolt VOX still for sale from TIVO direct?

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Your question does not make a lot of sense. Of course TiVo will let you activate any new TiVo you buy (two exceptions: you cannot activate any new Series 3 box, and you will also have problems with a stolen or fraudulently purchased box). The Series 3 has not been made in over 10 years, so little chance of a problem there.

If you are asking about a transfer of a lifetime/ALL IN subscription, then No, they will not do that if you purchase a new box yourself.

3. Eric Bolz

Eric Bolz New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    I purchased my Roamio about 6 years ago from Amazon to upgrade my old unit and TIVO gave me a difficult time activating it. Told me I must purchase only from TIVO. But in the end they did activate it. My subscription is a yearly thing.

4. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    If you found a Premiere, Roamio, Bolt or Edge in a dumpster Tivo would activate it. Amazon and probably Weeknees are the only place to get a Bolt. I have seen Roamios and Premieres on Amazon as well. Bolt Vox from Amazon (renewed) $167. Free ship

5. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

Advertisements

If I remember that timeframe sounds like when tivo had issues with tivo's bought via amazon, but there are no more issues buying tivo's from amazon

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  6. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If you're paying a monthly or yearly subscription, then you have the continual care warranty. Tivo will replace your Roamio for $50.

cwerdna likes this.