1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bolt - Some Channels Cause v58 Error on Other Tuners

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by David Truxall, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. David Truxall

David Truxall New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Every channel is tunable. For some reason though, channels with higher numbers when tuned, will cause the other three tuners to show the v58 error for the channel they are tuned to. They are definitely in the 350+ channel numbers, and not all of them cause it, but most do, I haven't found a pattern yet. So if I watch one of the channels with higher numbers, I'm essentially down to one tuner and can't record anything while I'm watching that tuner. If I'm watching a tuner and one of the other tuners switches to one of the higher channels to record something, the tuner I'm watching freezes and eventually shows the V58 error.

I've read what seems like a million threads about v58 errors and haven't seen this variation of the problem. I'm on my third cable card, and have had a tech out for the third card. I would see this error intermittently at first, but now it's easy to reproduce any time.

I've tried attenuators to no avail.

Tivo Bolt. Spectrum cable. Pretty frustrated at this point. Any help would be great.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    What are your signal levels on the tuners? Perhaps they are too high or too low.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Do you have a tuning adapter? How is it connected?
    1. coax <-> tuning adapter <-> Tivo
    2. coax <-> splitter -> Tuning adapter
    -> other leg to Tivo

4. David Truxall

David Truxall New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    They were 95-96%. I've added attenuators to get them down to 85-87%. No difference.

5. David Truxall

David Truxall New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    The first one: coax <-> tuning adapter <-> Tivo

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Can you see if it helps with the #2 setup. (Splitter <-> 1 leg tuning adapter, other leg straight to Tivo)

7. David Truxall

David Truxall New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    No change

8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    95 or 96 is fine. Mine run 95-99 with no problem.

I’m at a loss. My hunch is that your Bolt is bad. Something amiss in the tuner circuitry. (It’s not the cable card.)

I hope it is a new box still under warranty or you are paying monthly so you can get a replacement.

9. Casper3088

Casper3088 New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    try having the cable provider unpair and disable card then repair and activate