Bolt software issues or am I missing something

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Rick52, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Rick52

Rick52 New Member

Sep 16, 2017

Advertisements

I recently purchased my first Tivo (Bolt) and am using it with an antenna. I am finding problem after problem and wondering if this product is full of bugs or am I just not doing something right.

When I scan for channels, it sometimes finds 2 channels with the same identifier, like 9-2. I mark the one I want based on signal strength. However, when I go back to search by channels, it displays the wrong one, the one with no signal, with no option to view the one I checked that does have a signal.

Where it suggest programs, it is suggesting programs on channels that I have no signal and which have been unchecked in the channel list. Why doesn't it filter by the channels I've marked? I'm constantly clicking on recommended shows that then have no signal. Frustrating!

Scrolling channels is very frustrating, if it is 6:31 it will only let me scroll channels starting at 7pm and later, why??? Maybe I want to see what is on now or even what was on at 5pm. Why not just a scrollable grid like cable does that goes forward several days and backward? (ONLY SHOWING channels that are selected for viewing).

Are there solutions to these issues that I missed or is this product half-baked?

2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    On the second part you are missing it..

When in the Guide hit A and change the guide style to Grid instead of Live

3. BigGuy62

BigGuy62 New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    I only have experience with the Cable/CableCard version but that is pretty good.
    It is important to make you give it the correct zip code for Guided Setup. I don't know where TiVo gets the Geographic lineup from.