Bolt slow to delete

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by xberk, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Nov 2, 2019 #1 of 10
    xberk

xberk Member

Dec 3, 2011
    We have two Bolt + .. One of them seems to have problems deleting shows. We get the blue circle sometimes and it sort of hangs for what seems like a long time. This was not true before. Any one see this or have a suggestion?

2. Nov 2, 2019 #2 of 10
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Restart. It tends to fix things.

3. Nov 2, 2019 #3 of 10
    xberk

xberk Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Did that ... always .. when in doubt, reboot. Good advice. But in this case, didn't help.

4. Nov 2, 2019 #4 of 10
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Next step for me would be to power cycle my router. That BSC is the TiVo waiting for something, usually network related.

On the last day of the month I power cycle everything. I reapply power in this sequence:
    cable modem
    router
    wireless bridges
    PC hardwired - allows me to check the status of:
    TiVo boxes - wired (TE3)
    TiVo boxes - using bridges (TE4 and TE3)
    Mini boxes - TE3 and TE4
    Stream
    Printer, Roku, Blu-Ray (all wireless)
    About an hour later I check each TiVo to be sure it called home. A TiVo always performs a service connection within thirty minutes after a restart.

5. Nov 4, 2019 #5 of 10
    xberk

xberk Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Thanks for the tip Joe ... I'll try that just as you prescribed .. can't hurt.

6. Nov 4, 2019 #6 of 10
    buildersboy66

buildersboy66 Active Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Florida
    This is not a network issue or subscriber fault issue...it is TiVo's issue. It did this on my Bolt and it is happening on the Edge too. Add it to the long list of issues that never get fixed. Remember TiVo+ is priority vs properly working equipment. Defenders of TiVo need to stop the bogus replies.

7. Nov 5, 2019 #7 of 10
    xberk

xberk Member

Dec 3, 2011
    This seems right to me too ... this issue has been with us a long time (on and off). Never gets fixed. I suspect it is Tivo causing the bottle neck.

8. Nov 6, 2019 #8 of 10
    Wigohwt

Wigohwt Member

Jun 9, 2019
    This seems to be a problem at times with TE4.
    If you use kmttg, and deleting is instantaneous, then it's not you, but the UI for the Bolt.

9. Nov 6, 2019 #9 of 10
    xberk

xberk Member

Dec 3, 2011
    The Bolt is my wife's unit .. It's doubtful she'd want to use kmttg .. it's not a huge problem. It works. Just hangs at times so you have to wait a bit .. at other times, it's smooth and near instantaneous. I do think it's on Tivo's end. I told her I'd ask and see if she is alone in this problem. From what I see here, she is not.

10. Wigohwt

Wigohwt Member

Jun 9, 2019
    Just to clarify, I was saying to use kmttg as a test. Though it is great to use for batch deleting of recordings and items on the "To Do" list.

TiVo really needs to fix this bug. I find to delete a recording in TE4, I have to try more than one time, and sometimes in different places to get it to work.