Bolt signal to TV problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by KLINK, Nov 19, 2019.

1. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    My Bolt will not send an hdmi signal to my tv. It has a cable card from Comcast. I have tried other hdmi ports and tried 2 other hdmi cables. It will not work on my other tv either. The green light shows that it is on. the orange light flashes telling me that it is getting commands from the remote and the red light is on when recording.

I can watch recordings from my ota Vox.

I can use kmttg functions, but the download will not play in WMP and will not open in VRD (I get not responding). If I download the same program from my Vox I don’t have any problems with WMP or VRD.

I tried this product suggested in another thread and it did not work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any other suggestions?

2. Willy92

Willy92 Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Have you tried switching to a higher quality cable? When I switched mine, my TV did things it never did before(for the better). I used Fusion 4K high speed HDMI cables.

3. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Yes. I tried the high speed HDMI cable that came with my VOX box I bought 3 months ago.

4. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    That box you bought will only work with a functioning HDMI port. If yours is shot, that box won't work. Do you have another device you can connect to the same HDMI cable and input? If that works for you, another Bolt is needed.

5. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    My firestick works on that port. I swapped ports with the firestick and the Bolt did not work on the firestick port or on a second TV.

6. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    When you boot the Bolt, do you get any initial output at all, such as the boot splash screen or 'almost there' messages? If not, it suggests your HDMI port is completely bad (or the cable).

On the other hand, if you get some initial output during the boot process, but nothing later, it suggests that your problems is related to a failed HDCP handshake between your TiVo and any connected hardware (such as your TV or a video receiver/soundbar). If it is an HDCP problem, there is some hope that a different/butter HDMI cable could resolve it.

7. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    No splash screen or almost there.

8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    im concerned you can’t play the recordings on your pc. Otherwise I just assumed it was the HDMI port. But not being able to view on pc is worrisome. You didn’t say, but was this unit working prior to this? Any electrical storm issues?

9. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    It was working. No storms. There was a power outage , but it was hooked up to a ups. The Vox box on the same ups did not have any problems.

I can still watch programs from the Bolt on the Vox. It still records programs.

10. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Oh, okay. So you have confirmed it is working fine except for the output. HDMI port I guess. Did the issue happen right after the electrical outage?

11. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Yes, but the Bolt did not have a power loss. It was hooked to the ups and the power light on Bolt was on throughout the power outage.

12. KLINK

KLINK Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Update: Tivo is sending me a renewed box.

UCLABB likes this.