Bolt+ replacements OOS?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DancnDude, Sep 17, 2018.

1. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

So I called TiVo on Sept 5 with a Bolt+ that had 4 flashing lights on it and would no longer boot. The box was about 11 months old. They agreed to replace it with a new one (for a $50 fee), and gave me option to pay a deposit on the new box to have to have it shipped right away and then refund it after I shipped them back my broken one.

I still had not received the replacement by Friday, so I called and they said my account was already in some sort of high priority status but they are having stock issues with this model. I asked how much longer I was expected to wait without the replacement, and she said I should receive an email is 48 hours. Well I haven't received that, but it was Friday evening when I got to call, so maybe she meant 2 business days?

Is it possible the Bolt+ units are completely out of stock? Will they be able to upgrade me to an equivalent Bolt+ Vox? Anyone else with issues like this? I could have sent in my broken one by now to avoid the deposit on a new one if I had known.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Possible. Usually the replacements are refurbs, so they could be OOS on those.

3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Well the update after I just called is that nothing changed and they are going to get back to me via email in another 24-48 hours. We'll see if anything happens this time after nothing happening on Friday.