Bolt Replacement Questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by tommiet, Apr 23, 2019.

1. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    My 6 month old Bolt is rebooting like a windows computer and the video will freeze. Power off/back on is the fix. Do have another Bolt on the way... Issues/questions....
    1) TiVo removed my current Bolt from the online system. I cannot manage or use it remotely. Also another Bolt ID was added to my account.
    2) When the new TiVo comes in, I want to be able to move my saved programs to my new Bolt. I understand this is possible, but with my current DVR missing from the online config, I'm assuming thats another call to TiVo support.
    3) Can I migrate my OnePass items to my new Bolt?

Thanks for the info... IF you prefer to make me wait 24 hours or more for a response.... That's OK too. TiVo has me trained......

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    You will have to actually start a new subscription on the old Bolt to move those recorded programs. If you then cancel the new subscription within 30 days you will get a refund.

3. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Got my replacement Bolt Today.... Called TiVo and that's what they told me too. Then I asked "How do I power up 2 Tivo's at the same time with one power supply?" They are sending me one. Another week down.....

Thanks for taking to time to respond... Much appreciated.

Mikeguy likes this.
  4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    They didn't send you a power supply splitter as well? ;)

5. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

what they only sent the dvr no accessories? even I I got a whole bolt package when my bolt died after hydra was first released.

6. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Box had the Bolt... No Power supply or Remote.

7. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    LOL... Nope.. But got a new virtual power supply. Saves power.

Mikeguy likes this.