Bolt remote with Premiere 4

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bruceko, Jun 23, 2019.

1. bruceko

bruceko New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    seattle

Advertisements

I have an extra Bolt remote and would like to use it with my older Premiere. When I try Ir it sometimes works and other times does not. is there any way to use it with RF?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Premiere does not have RF unless it has a USB dongle. You need to use IR. To switch to IR mode, hold Tivo + C until the remote flashes red. RF can pretty much only can control one box at a time that is paired with. To switch back to RF, hold Tivo + D until the remote flashes yellow.

IR can be set with an IR address so it can control up to 9 Tivo boxes. It can be "paired" with the box like Premiere by going into System Infomration screen, set the IR address by holding Tivo + Pause, (in IR mode only) until remote flashes red, press a number 1-9, leave the System Information screen by pressing Left arrow.

Be aware that if your other boxes are on IR address 0, the remote can control them regardless of what IR address they are set to. So, cover the IR windows of other boxes before setting the one you intend to .