Bolt Remote Controls Extra Clicks???

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by SolomonJ, Jan 1, 2016.

1. SolomonJ

SolomonJ Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I have 3 Mini's and a 1TB Bolt. All my Mini's are on 20.4.5a and the remotes work perfectly. The remotes I have on my Bolt were working perfectly until the last couple days.

I have 2 remotes on it. The one that comes with it (white) plus a slide remote I purchased for text entry. Behavior on both of those remotes started at the same time. Sometimes when you push a button, it clicks a couple extra buttons, doing things in the menu that you didn't intend.

I've followed all reset instructions I could find. I attempted to change the RF channel without success. This seems to have started after getting 20.5.6-RC18 on the box.

Any ideas? Or others experiencing this?

2. speedy2

speedy2 TivoAddict

Aug 19, 2002
    Preston, CT
    I have also experienced the same exact thing. I am using the white remote. It seemed like there was a lag in processing the remote commands then all at once they caught up and then I was somewhere unexpected because I thought maybe I didn't push the button hard enough and pushed them multiple times.

3. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I've seen this same behavior on my Roamio Plus. It doesn't happen very often, but is really annoying when it does.

4. Equals42

Equals42 New Member

Dec 6, 2015
    It happens constantly on my white remote. I notice it on the 30 second skip button where it will simply not function for three to four clicks and then start working again. It's often enough that I'm getting very annoyed and looking for a fix.:mad:

5. SolomonJ

SolomonJ Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I found that restarting the box didn't fix anything. But unplugging it for a minute did the trick! Back to normal!