1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bolt records LD channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dturturro, Oct 8, 2017.

1. dturturro

dturturro Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Long Island
    I’m using a Bolt as an OTA box and I’m having an issue with CBS. The box scanned both the main WCBS-DT feed and the WCBS-LD feed. The LD isn’t strong enough to tune, but my NFL SP is trying to record the LD feed. I’ve already unchecked LD in My Channels and tried changing the one passes to record only on the WCBS-DT, but then I lose the Fox broadcasts. Any way to delete the channels from memory altogether?

2. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Can you create 2 one passes, one for WCBS and the other for Fox?

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    How long ago did you uncheck it? If recent, I'm thinking it may have ignored the channel list since it was already set to record. What does it show in the to do list?

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    AFAIK, Tivos no longer allow you to make multiple OPs for the same show.. Maybe I'm missing an edge case, but you used to be able to.. since they were channel specific.. But nowadays, they are either one channel, or all channels (+/- HD-ness). I'm not saying they're perfect (there are cases in the past where I wished I could manually select which channels to do 'all but one' kind of thing), but it wasn't a huge loss to me, even though I thought it would be when I first heard about it.. I just changed most OPs to be all channels.

5. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I guess that "One Pass" thing wasn't just branding :)

I didn't realize they made it one or all. I used to create Season Passes to be channel specific. I guess if I need to do that now, I found a use for my backup unit other than archiving.

leswar likes this.
  6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Wasn't just branding, since it also added the ability to have OPs to cover streaming/VOD (along with regular TV or only).

7. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Yes, that was a joke. Previously you could create more than One "Season Pass" for a show (on different channels). Now you can only create "One" Pass.

8. leswar

leswar leswar

Apr 14, 2005
    Vero Beach
    lol