Bolt reboots when trying to play any recorded shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by bdud8134, Oct 17, 2020.

1. bdud8134

bdud8134 New Member

Sep 25, 2020

Advertisements

My Bolt has the issues of going black when trying to watch Prime or Hulu so for now I have resorted to using those apps built into the TV.
    This is a new issue for me and seemed to start last night. However tonight when I try to watch any of the recorded shows I have in My Shows,, the screen goes black and after a short while, the Bolt reboots. Any show has the same result. I can change channels, set up Onepass etc but not watch any recorded shows. Does any one know what the issue is or have a similar issue?

2. tthompson

tthompson New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Mine did that very same thing maybe once a week. Today it started doing it every time. When I get to the show I want to play click the right arrow beside the ok button to move to the three dots beside the name of the show. When you click on those three dots it shows a screen with play on it
    Wait about a minute then click play and it works for me but I do not know why

3. tthompson

tthompson New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I wondered if my hard drive is going bad or something to do with an update .

4. tthompson

tthompson New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Read on another thread as soon as you press ok to play a recorded show immediately push skip to skip ad. I tried it and it worked for me so far. I guess the problem is the ad not the recorded show

sehale likes this.
  5. bdud8134

bdud8134 New Member

Sep 25, 2020

Advertisements

Great thanks that worked for the show I tried!!
    Much appreciated, I will see if I can give Tivo tech a call when I get a chance.

6. Lanew

Lanew New Member

Jan 6, 2019
    I'm having the same problem... but is there an actual solution, other than these suggested workarounds?

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Call TiVo and ask to have pre-roll ads removed as it's causing your TiVo to reboot.

Scott

8. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    I did that very thing last night. Like others, I got scared after multiple reboots when playing a recorded show. Used the "skip trick" and I was able to play the recording. I found it wasn't every time I played a recorded show tho. Maybe a particular ad is causing the issue? Doesn't really matter I suppose. I started a chat with TiVo Support and the rep said she would put my unit on the list to have ads removed due to the issue. She said it will take 72 hours.