Bolt problem streaming 4K

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by zexel, Nov 10, 2017.

1. zexel

zexel Member

Aug 3, 2012

Advertisements

When streaming 4K on my bolt on Amazon it will only play for anywhere between 1 minute and 15 minutes, then stop with a prompt that the program cannot be streamed right now try again later or contact Amazon help. When streaming 4K on YOU TUBE with the stats for nerds showing it will stream for 14 to 30 minutes and then the bandwidth meter will start dropping and the resolution will start dropping also, and then the video will eventually freeze. Stopping and restarting the app will repeat the process. Streaming on the same network and the same programs with my Fire tv in 4K works flawlessly, no problems at all. I have even streamed with the Bolt and Fire tv at the same time with the same service and programming and the results are the same, the Bolts fails and the Fire tv works perfectly, I have 100 Mbps internet service. I have tried switching cables, ports and even cable modems and routers to be sure there was no problem there even though the fire works fine. I have even had the Bolt replaced and the replacement does the same thing. Anyone else have this type of problem or any ideas on what the problem could be or how to fix it.

kitt84 likes this.
  2. zexel

zexel Member

Aug 3, 2012
    No one else with a problem like this?

3. stini777

stini777 Member

Mar 15, 2016
    You are not alone...I'm experiencing the same issue with Amazon and came to the forums in the hopes of finding a solution. It appears to only be an issue when streaming 4k content as the same show plays fine at 1080p. It also appears that if I play this show from the "My Shows" list, it defaults to the 1080p stream, not 4k which is another issue entirely. Same video plays fine in 4k through the Amazon Video app on my TV so I know it's not my network.

20171127_224950.jpg

4. zexel

zexel Member

Aug 3, 2012
    On the tivo help forum tivo support replied to my post about this that the Amazon app doesn't support 4K only 1080P.