Bolt powers off spontaneously

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by GVRoster, Mar 21, 2020.

1. GVRoster

GVRoster New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    I have noticed this with my Bolt that has the latest operating system (black/gray background). Here are the symptoms. When I go to bed at night the Bolt is working and recording shows that I have programmed. When I come down in the morning with my iPhone, the TiVo is not powered on. When I unplug it and replug it, it starts up. I notice that a program that should be recording at that time is now recording and I have missed only about 3 minutes of record time (the time it takes to start up). If I come near the TiVo with my iPhone turned off, the TiVo has not powered off and is continuing to record. I am sure there is something going on between my iPhone and the TiVo operating system. This does not happen with my TiVo in the bedroom that is using the old operating system. It also does not happen with my partner's iPhone that is using the same level of IOS. I do have an apple watch that my partner does not have. Very strange. Any thoughts?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Is power saving off? TiVo/Menu/Settings/Remote, CableCARD & Devices/Power Saving Settings set to Off.