Bolt pausing channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Skye, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Skye

Skye Member

May 18, 2018
    My Bolt seems to have a new bug/feature. I am watching one channel, then decide to watch another channel for a minutes, when I go back to the original channel it is no longer in real time, it is where I left off before I changed channels. Its not paused, it just starts to immediately play from where ever I left it.

This has caught us off guard a few times where we do not realize we are way off on time and then we miss the start of other shows.

Is there a way to stop this auto pausing? Is this a new feature? It did not do this until last Friday.

2. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    I noticed this yesterday while watching the NFL games and swapping back and forth between Fox and CBS. Didn’t know if I missed some feature announcement or discovered s new bug as Sunday football is about the only live tv I watch.

3. Skye

Skye Member

May 18, 2018
    I fixed the problem. After trying several regular reboots which did not help I then did a guided set up taking the TiVo back to a clean start and that cured the problem. I did not lose any recorded programs or any of my one pass settings.

4. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    Has anybody found anyway to enable and or disable this feature. I encountered this ability once several weeks ago while watching football games but since I cannot get it to work I really like this feature.

5. Skye

Skye Member

May 18, 2018
    The problem has actually come back on my Bolt. Its really annoying that every time I change channels the one I leave goes into pause, so when I come back to that channel I have to fast forward to get back to real time. I cant find any setting to turn this on/off and it completely random when it will do this, sometimes it works fine for days and then just starts doing it on every channel.

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Luckily, I haven't had this issue (yet). A quick suggestion to get to the current time, instead of fast-forwarding: press and hold the advance button, to jump to the current time.

7. Skye

Skye Member

May 18, 2018
    Hi,
    I realize this is a really old thread but I have never found a solution to this issue. Several software updates and many reboots later and I still have the same issue.

it’s really annoying to go to a channel you watched an hour ago, think you are watching current content and discover you are way behind “real time”