BOLT OTA Prime Video No Video

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Critterbob, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Critterbob

Critterbob New Member

Jan 25, 2019
    Jut got my Tivo Bolt OTA 1 TB and really like it. Just have an odd problem. When using the Prime Video built-in app, when I try to play a movie on Amazon, the screen is black, but I do get sound. Hitting pause brings up the menu, but the movie video is still blank. I am a Prime member. I tried multiple videos and all have audio, but no video. Other apps like Vudu, Tubi and YouTube work without a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's really weird. Have you tried setting a single fixed video resolution? On the video setup screen, those with (Pass Through) are applied to streaming video only. If they are unchecked, then the other resolutions take effect. TiVo's native resolution (if checked) is 720p if it helps.

3. Critterbob

Critterbob New Member

Jan 25, 2019
    I originally had it on Auto. I changed it to 1080p 60fps. As you suggested, I checked everything available. That didn't work. Just to be sure, went back and checked Auto again, which unchecked all the modes. That still didn't work. Oddly, when I was playing a movie and it was a black screen, I hit the Tivo button and for a brief moment, the video came on before switching over. Very strange.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  5. pfiagra

pfiagra Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Same thing happened to me on an original, white Bolt running TE4. Restart fixed it.