Bolt operating system is horrible!

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by PoohLuvsTIVO, Aug 14, 2018.

Does anyone like TIVO’s new operating system in the bolt that used the older operating system?

1. Hate Bolt’s Operating System!

47.6%
  2. Like Bolt operating system.

52.4%
  3. Only tried Bolt System, do not know how much worse it is!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PoohLuvsTIVO

PoohLuvsTIVO New Member

Feb 26, 2006

Advertisements

I have owned almost every TIVO MADE. Starting from the first one. The new TIVO Bolt is HORRIBLE. THE NEW Operating System was a huge mistake. If I could do it over again I would NEVER GET A BOLT! Something that took 2-3 moves now takes 5-6. The season pass does not work as well either. If you do a wish list you cannot control it. The channels do not display the schedule on channels like HBO, Showtime etc. Wish I never upgraded to the Bolt! I thought at first it was something TIVO would realize the made a huge mistake and fix it. Nothing I can do because my husband got it as a present 4 me with a life-time payment so I’ve paid a bunch for a horrible TIVO. IF THIS WAS MY FIRST TIVO IT WOULD BE MY LAST! I do know my husband will never buy another unless TIVO FIXES THE OPERATING SYSTEM!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    jrtroo and OrangeCrush like this.
  3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    As has also been posted in reply to your other posts on this, you can downgrade back to the gen 3 HD UI. Others have already done polls like this so no need for a new one (just search).

Scott

4. Anotherpyr

Anotherpyr Active Member

May 6, 2015
    I’m okay with it. It’s not intuitive to me since I’m used to the old UI. But I’ve been able to figure things out so far. Some things I like better, others I don’t.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD

Advertisements

Can we at least keep completely incorrect information out of these rants? Half of what is posted is wrong.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you ignore it maybe it will go away.

OrangeCrush likes this.
  7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Ha! They only create more threads.

8. derekmski

derekmski New Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I don't mind the new interface once you get used to it, the voice search on the Vox also helps with finding stuff and getting around.