Bolt on OTA dropping channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by tapokata, Nov 24, 2020.

1. tapokata

tapokata Active Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

Tivo Bolt running old experience, OTA reception. I keep having one channel drop out of the active channel list...selecting it brings up the error screen about the channel not being available. Rescan brings it right back. Doesn’t appear to be a source issue, as the station is visible on non Tivo systems, and all sub channels stay active and available. Ideas?

2. paracelsus

paracelsus Member

Jun 23, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    I have this happen to me also :( - no answers other than rescanning...

3. aspexil

aspexil Active Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Huh. I don't think I've ever had this problem and been Bolt OTA since Oct 2015. Are you in a major city or out in the sticks? You could contact Tivo support and say that the channel lineup isn't work and give them the channels that keep disappearing on you.

4. tapokata

tapokata Active Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    20 miles from the OTA broadcast towers, and the channel in question does not drop from non Tivo sources, ie antenna direct to a TV tuner. sub channels for the channel at issue do not drop out, just the primary, so it doesn’t appear to be a broadcast source issue. (Nevermind that rescan brings the channel back, every time). Running Tivos from this antenna configuration since the HD boxes first came out, and have never seen this happen before on the HD or Premier boxes.