Bolt - No Live Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by xxRamxx, Apr 15, 2020.

1. xxRamxx

xxRamxx New Member

Sep 6, 2018

Advertisements

Selecting any live TV channel results in the msg, "searching for a signal on this channel". Happens on all channels ... HD, SD, Digital ... For a few days before this, I was having pixelation problems on about 1/3 of my channels. Then they were all gone.

Recorded programs and streaming shows play fine, just not live stations. Recording since the signal disappeared also play as a black screen.

I uncovered the unit and jiggles things ... but nothing helped. If anyone has experienced this issue and found a way around it, I sure appreciate your guidance on what to do?

Of course, this sounds like a tuner issue, which must be on the motherboard. If I recall correctly, swapping the motherboard will terminate my lifetime service on the unit. That's a bummer. Guess I'll investigate having the board fixed. Again, has anyone had this kind of repair. If so, giving me some approximation of the cost would sure help making the decision.

2. ma91cs4d

ma91cs4d New Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Do you also have cable internet? If yes, is it still working?

3. xxRamxx

xxRamxx New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Yes. I have Verizon Fios & have a 2nd TV room with a TIVO Roamio. Everything except the Bolt live channels is working fine. All Live channels work on the Roamio.

4. ma91cs4d

ma91cs4d New Member

Jan 2, 2020
    As far as I’m aware FIOS is FTTH but uses existing coax wiring in the house to distribute the TV signal. I’d check your splitter connections to make sure they’re tight. Otherwise the only other thing I could suggest would be moving the Bolt to where the Roamio is now and see if it can pick up a signal from that cable run.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Have you tried rebooting?

6. xxRamxx

xxRamxx New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Swapped the Bolt with the Roamio (thanks for the idea), but it made no difference. Roamio got the live channels before the swap, Bolt just got the searching message.

7. xxRamxx

xxRamxx New Member

Sep 6, 2018

Yes, many times!