Bolt + Minis + Xfinity VOD failing on 2 screens

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by dsi, Aug 2, 2016.

1. dsi

dsi New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Hi all--have my Bolt+3 mini setup working nicely. Bolt is connected via ethernet, the Minis over Moca.

Xfinity X1 is my provider. I have confirmed that the Bolt + Mini setup has serious trouble pushing two simultaneous VOD streams (one to the bolt, one to another mini). This was never a problem with Xfinity X1 any room DVR that this system is replacing.

The behavior is that both VOD stream start, but freeze quickly on both devices. Stopping one stream makes the other work fine.

Is this functionality supported? Anyone have similar issues? Thank you!

-d

2. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    I believe I read that the Comcast VOD app on TiVo is limited to only being able to play one stream at a time. I'm not sure if that's one stream per full TiVo box (HD, premiere, Roamio, Bolt, not minis), or one per account/household though.

3. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    It is one stream per full TiVo box, can't watch VOD on two minis at the same time connected to the same TiVo, can't watch VOD on any mini connected to a TiVo that is already watching a VOD program. With two TiVos you could watch two VOD programs in your home, this only applies to Comcast as that the only service I have.