Bolt Locks on Playback - Must Restart

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Critterbob, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Critterbob

Critterbob New Member

Jan 25, 2019
    On two occasions, when I started a recording, the screen goes to the TiVo arrows, then goes black and locks up. I cannot get it to do anything without restarting the unit. Then it seems to be fine. I'm wondering if this has to do with some error caused by the insertion of the ads by TiVo. I never had this problem before until the ads started appearing before the recordings start. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I'd contact TiVo and have the ads turned off...if I had TE4...

-KP

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    And yes, others have had the same/similar issues. The answer is as stated above (note: the TiVo customer support script seems to be first to try to get you to live with the pre-roll ads--but if you persist with the request to have them turned off, TiVo then will oblige).

4. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    An even better solution is to upgrade to TE3. No pre-roll ads.

V7Goose likes this.
  5. Pat Ballou

Pat Ballou New Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Shady Dale
    Just tried to transfer a recording between Bolts, it was transferring, hung up, and then rebooted its self. Emailed Friday night to have the preroll ads removed, by the way.

6. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    And the TE3 gestapo hits again..... Never helps... just tossing rocks at TE4 users.

7. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Are you kidding, gestapo? All I did is suggest a viable solution that would solve the posters complaint. A solution that I have found to be very satisfactory. I didn't say anything negative about TE4 or TE4 users. And, check my posting history. I've provided plenty of help over the years.