Bolt+ Live TV Button not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by TorchMusic, May 16, 2017.

1. TorchMusic

TorchMusic New Member

May 23, 2007
    My Live TV button on my Bolt+ has been functioning normally, cycling through the six tuners.

I just connected it to a new Samsung TV and now the Live TV Button just shows the Title Bar of the show I'm watching and won't cycle anymore.

I've tried recording six shows simulataneously, but the button still won't cycle.

Any ideas?

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    There is a key press sequence you can try to reset the remote and see if that works. A search here on the forum or google should tell you how.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Stupid question probably, but you're sure all six tuners aren't tuned to the same channel? ;)

Have you tried rebooting your Bolt+? That usually works: Live TV button does not switch tuners.

4. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I saw this once with a four-tuner Bolt - oddly enough, it also happened the morning after I had just bought a new Samsung TV! Everything was working fine the first day I brought the TV home, but the TiVo was wonky the next morning when I turned it on again. But I am absolutely certain that the TV had nothing to do with it - just coincidence.

I fiddled with everything I could think of - especially using the info button to verify that all the tuners were on different stations. Finally I think I just rebooted the Bolt, and things went back to normal. But since this was several months back, I really cannot remember the details - just that it was frustrating. I have a vague memory that the display may have been doing something strange when I pressed the arrow buttons too, but I am not sure of that. I have not seen the issue again since that first time.