Bolt is Gone

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Kingpcgeek, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Kingpcgeek

Kingpcgeek Couch Potato

Feb 6, 2012
    Basin of...

Advertisements

Forgive me if this is old news since I don't frequent tivo.com much. But I clicked on their email today offering deals on an Edge to notice that they are down to two DVRs, one model of Cable Edge, and one model OTA Edge which you must buy from Channel Master. The Bolt is gone. Is this old news?

2. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    yeah. no more new Bolts. Maybe Weaknees.com or Ebay. My recommendation for a Bolt would be the 4 tuner OTA/Cable model. First Bolt they made. White

jlb likes this.
  3. pl1

pl1 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2007
    MA
    I'm thinking the Bolt Vox is the better choice and the last Bolt model. That has been trouble free for me, whereas I did have to return the original version for a noisy fan.

4. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    That's the one I have. Upgraded the drive, added an exterior fan to add some cooling. Not one issue. If it "died" and the repair was no more expensive than a new hard drive, I'm keeping it going. I'd have to dump TiVo/Comcast (works well for us now) and go an alternative option before I go TE4. That's just me. But yeah, it's a bummer seeing the path of options available.....