Bolt Hulu 5003 Error

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by blobly, Mar 21, 2020.

1. blobly

blobly New Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Constantly get 5003 error on bolt and mini
    Network is wired and Netflix and prime stream fine
    Only wat to get it to play is restart entire TiVo box

2. blobly

blobly New Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Anybody have luck in fixing this

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I was working on a system with a Roamio Plus and 5 Mini's where Hulu became very important post-setup.

The reliability issue was resolved by install 6 Roku's...

-KP

4. zimtekcom

zimtekcom New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Hulu no longer works on my Bolt (as of about 6 weeks ago). All is normal with the Hulu Interface (including video related to the two brief commercials) right up until the actual video is supposed to play, then Error 5003. Network is hardwired and verified, all other streaming apps are normal. Hulu plays normally on any other device. I've seen complaints about this error on the Bolt in many blogs going back several years with no actual or practical solution. Where is TiVo on this? Where is the Solution for this?

5. lart2150

lart2150 Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Chicago, IL.
    I'm in the same boat. hardwired bolt and 5003 as soon as I hit play or right after the pre roll ads show (fox logo, the day the show airs). I punted and just switched to using my roku for hulu.

edit: I finally logged out of hulu and back in and I was able to play a video. I don't know why they hide account at the bottom right of the ui

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  6. May 2, 2020 #6 of 13
    supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Hulu error 5003 is a "Known Issue" with TiVo.

Known Issues, Outages, Trends: Tivo Customer Support Community

I haven't been able to get Hulu to work properly on my Roamio Pro or mini in some time.

7. Clay B

Clay B New Member

May 28, 2020
    Our household has been plagued by this exact issue. We have a TIVO Bolt OTA on a wired connection that was working perfectly with Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime until several months ago when Hulu began routinely serving up the 5003 error. We can reliably fix the problem “merely” by forcing a connection to the TIVO service, then unchecking the HULU app in the apps window, then restarting our Bolt AND router. Sadly, this “simple” fix only lasts until we turn off our TIVO at the end evening. Weirdly, our TIVO Romeo has continued to stream Hulu perfectly.

8. MMG

MMG early adopter

Dec 11, 1999
    Birmingham,...
    I was able to fix Hulu with a reboot up until April. I’ve tried logging out and back into Hulu via the TiVo app but get constant error 5003 now. I guess no more Hulu via TiVo. I’m using Roku to access it now but their app isn’t as versatile as TiVo’s was. I hope they fix it.

9. Sheri4him2

Sheri4him2 New Member

May 2, 2020
    I have a Tivo Bolt that works perfectly with all apps. However, Hulu will give me the 5003 error after I've watched something on YouTube. I restart the box and Hulu works perfectly again. Until the next time I go to YouTube..... rinse, repeat

10. Clay B

Clay B New Member

May 28, 2020
    Try the annoying series of steps.

11. Clay B

Clay B New Member

May 28, 2020
    The annoying series of steps: Go to Menu>Settings>Network Settings>TiVo Service Connection select that to force a connection, then unplug the Bolt AND your router for a hard restart. This has worked for me every time. HOWEVER I always put my Bolt in standby mode when I’m done watching and When I return the next evening HULU again is broken. I keep forgetting to try leaving my TIVO running all day, but that seems like a crappy way to use electricity. Then again it is a crappy use of my time to go through the annoying series of steps every time I want to watch HULU in my living room.

12. tresmichele

tresmichele New Member

May 5, 2015
    We were getting this error as well on our Bolt (wired connection), but we figured out it was always after watching a YouTube video on our Bolt. We stopped using the Tivo YouTube app and we no longer get the Hulu 5003 error.

13. MMG

MMG early adopter

Dec 11, 1999
    Birmingham,...
    Hulu started working again today. I was just about to cancel it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro