Bolt home screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by MargeD55, Sep 4, 2019.

1. MargeD55

MargeD55 New Member

Aug 1, 2019
    I don't like the bolt main screen. I read somewhere that it's possible to change it to the Roamio home screen but I lost the info. I'm not even sure what it is called. It's how to record, view the scheduler, the listings, etc.
    Can someone tell me how to change the Bolt back to the Roamio?
    Thanks

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Your assumption is incorrect, there is no such thing as a Bolt Home screen VS. a Roamio Home screen.....
    It has to do with the version of software the Tivo is running. Version 21.x or Hydra or TE4 is what all Bolt VOX (and Roamio on the "New Experience") is running (Home screen). This adds Voice control function.

The older version is Version 20.x (currently 20.7.4) or TE3 or Quattro (Tivo Central).

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I think that this is what you're looking for--the process (to sidegrade back to the TE3 user interface from the TE4 UI) applies to Bolt boxes as well.

How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1

4. MargeD55

MargeD55 New Member

Aug 1, 2019
    I'm just getting back into trying to do this. Thanks for your help. Since I don't know what TE3 or TE4 means, I'm assuming it's to Roamio from Bolt? I will try to do it after your confirmation since I don't want to screw up something that I can't fix. Thank you, Marge

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    As mentioned above, there is no Roamio screen/user interface and Bolt screen/user interface--there's the earlier user interface that was used for many years, often referred to as TE3 (for "TiVo Experience 3"), and the newer user interface that TiVo brought out a few years ago, often referred to as TE4 ("TiVo Experience 4"), Hydra, or Mira (internal TiVo code names for it). Both TE3 and TE4 can be used on both the Roamio and the Bolt boxes. If you go to the System Information screen on your box (under something like TiVo Central/Settings/Help/Account & System Info/System Information), the Software Version line indicates which user interface you are on: as mentioned above, if the version number begins with 20, it's TE3; if it begins with 21, it's TE4.

One thing to be aware of: when you sidegrade back to TE3 from TE4, you lose all the recordings on your box--save any shows you want to save to your PC first, and then you can transfer them back to you TiVo box after (note that depending on how many shows you have, this can take a long while). Freeware pyTivo Desktop is a great, easy to use software for this--http://www.pytivodesktop.com. There is a discussion thread here about it: Easier to use pyTivo.

Hope this helps--