Bolt HD Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by Blockheads88, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Blockheads88

Blockheads88 New Member

Aug 2, 2020

Advertisements

Hey,

I have an TiVo BOLT 1TB from 2016 with All-In Service.
    Recently my TiVo seems to be freezing while watching Live TV. Giving me an error while watching TV about no access then will go away. And has been Rebooting 2-3 times a week while watching TV.

I think this is coming down to an HD Failure Coming.

So it appears I have some options.
    1. Get a new Hard Drive and replace myself.
    It seems like if I do this I may need software to format the drive?
    Is there software to move all my current Recorded shows and settings to the new drive?
    MFStools or DvrBARS -- Not sure which one I would want to use? or if there is another option.

Also if I upgrade to 2TB or 3TB is there any specific drive that is suggested?

Or I can give TiVo a call and see what that will do if I upgrade to the Edge since I think that is my only option and if they are willing to Move my All-In service over to it...

Is there a option that is suggested?

Thanks.
    Jeff

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Doesn't need it. It can format a blank drive by itself.
    MFSTools 3.x, but if the drive is failing, then the data is corrupted, possible to salvage. The drive you choose for the replacement may or may not work due to Hydra (TE4, v21).
    Its out of warranty, cost can be >$199 to transfer.

3. Blockheads88

Blockheads88 New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    So I called up TiVo went over the issue and they are swapping out the device for no charge. Not 100% sure if I getting any upgrade since the BOLT has not been in production for some time but will have to wait and see.. But at least a new/refurb box that may work..