Bolt Guide Info Qs...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JLaamanen, Apr 25, 2016.

1. JLaamanen

JLaamanen Member

Nov 11, 2007

Advertisements

Hi guys,

Got a new Bolt after problems w/ Series 3 HD :(
    OTA only and I use phone as hotspot and manually "connect" for my updates. When just out of the box I was surprised when I didn't see programming info show up when I pressed "guide" until I'd connected a few or more times over a couple of days. (I don't remember if the HD was like this when new but I had a DSL on all the time then.)

After a couple weeks, connecting every other day my guide showed almost no info after connecting yesterday. I connected a second time and seemed to get info back. I noticed no message telling me I was running out of upcoming schedule like I would get when going on vacation and shutting off DSL for the HD.

I thought there should be up to 14 days worth of a schedule and would expect all to be updated in one connection, whether done every day or every few days. Is there any doc or page I can read to get a better felling for how the schedule update works when I connect?

Thanks
    John

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I would search the threads here and see if anyone else has had problems doing this. Or try connecting to Internet via Ethernet or wifi.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry John, but the guide is usually 12 days. Sometimes 11 or 13. And that end day varies. Mine is 2pm EST.

You can check two places (I use a Roamio). I suggest the Account/ System Information. There is an entry for Program Information To: which is how far out your guide has been extended by a TiVo connection.

Page three takes you to Service Connection. That is where you can see the date and times of your last update. It's important to note the success or any items that point to a problem.

On the Settings, Network, you see similar information but have the option to make a connection and watch the progress. This is a good start.

It would be wise to watch an update. You've had issues in the past. This is where you can check the progress.

4. JLaamanen

JLaamanen Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Thanks, I'll pay more attention and check my account online if it doesn't act right again. Maybe the connections aren't completing properly.

John

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

If you mean TiVo.com, all you see on your account information is streaming and remote access information. Nothing there will help you with your guide updates.

6. JLaamanen

JLaamanen Member

Nov 11, 2007
    After I posted last reply it occurred to me you were referring to the Tivo not my online acct. info :)

I haven't seen the disappearing Guide info again and hope it doesn't show up again. I guess I'll chalk that up to something that was not repeatable :)

John