Bolt Going away soon list grows suddenly

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by misterclick, Nov 30, 2020.

1. misterclick

misterclick New Member

Oct 24, 2012

Advertisements

I have a bolt that shows 62% used. I always check on the "Going Away soon list" to catch up on shows that will be deleted soon. It always has shown a logical date list as to when the shows are going to be deleted (Today, Tomorrow, Monday, etc.).
    A couple of days ago the list was huge. there were pages of "Today" with entries from movies and shows that had been marked as 'Keep until I delete". I started going one by one and again mark them as 'Keep until I delete". This got tedious after awhile, so I went to the "Recently deleted recordings" and started to permanently delete several shows. Although the % went down to 50, there were still many pages of "Going Away Today" shows. I restarted the Bolt, thinking that maybe the Bolt needed a restart to reset the storage count. The restart did not fix it. It was still showing pages of Going Away Today" shows. I kept permanently deleting shows and eventually the list went down to only one page as before.
    Does anyone know why this happened? Would it happen again? Thank you. Click.

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Your use of KUID is what is causing the exponential growth in yellow "going away soon" entries.
    You can safely ignore "going away soon" it won't delete them until you get to much higher disk use.
    I've had yellow dot programs for years, it will delete things like suggestions first if you enable them as a safety net to see how close you are.

misterclick likes this.
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Here's some tips. System Information item has no relationship to file deletion. In My Shows, the % shown is how close you are to having programs moved to Recently Deleted folder. The Recently Delete folder is not sorted and kills programs when physical space is needed. "Keep Until" is a variable, and moves every day for programs in My Shows. If you set "Keep At Most:" to "All", you will never see a yellow dot but it's not retroactive. Programs in Recently Deleted folder are not used in any space or use calculation. Previous items are from a Roamio. A Bolt may be different. Please feel free to ask for clarification.

4. Old Roamio 0

Old Roamio 0 Member

Jul 19, 2020
    There is not enough hours in the day to watch everything.
    Tivo dvrs every day find new things of interest to make a copy of today.
    I delete old news programs. And every so often go thru the "my shows" and delete some of the old "keep-until-I-delete" items at the bottom of the list.

misterclick likes this.
  5. misterclick

misterclick New Member

Oct 24, 2012

Advertisements

Thank you. Although I've heard of KUID, I don't have it or have used it.

Old Roamio 0 likes this.
  6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    KUID = Keep until I delete

I think the item you've never had or used is KMTTG, different things.

misterclick and Old Roamio 0 like this.
  7. misterclick

misterclick New Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Geezzzz do I feel like a dope
    Thank you.