Bolt discontinued?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Seth141, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Seth141

Seth141 New Member

Apr 12, 2020
    So I just checked the TiVo website, the bolts are no longer listed as options under products. Anyone have any information on this?

2. blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    Many changes appear to be happening - the Mini also disappeared from the list of products recently. Xperi is up to something, not sure if anyone knows what that is yet.

3. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Very true, the only DVR I see for sale at Tivo website is the cable Edge. No OTA Tivos at all. In fact they had some sort of deal where they let Channel Master sell the OTA Edge for $100 off. When they did that the OTA Edge showed out of stock at the Tivo website and it has not come back. Maybe they sold all the OTA Edge to Channel Master? I wonder if they will even have a "Summer Breeze" transfer service type sale this year, as of now looks like they don't have much to sell DVR wise.................

4. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Glad I bought my Bolt a few months ago. Hope Tivo isn't abandoning the OTA market. I really like my Bolt for OTA and Philo for streaming.
    Just yesterday my Internet went down (and is still down I live rural) and I was happy my Tivo was working fine. If everything had been
    streaming only, I would have been SOL. Probably would have had to read a book or something. :confused:

And anyone who has done streaming, look at me I'm an expert (lol), knows the streaming DVR is adequate, but its no Tivo.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    That's unfortunate. I have two of the original issue Bolts and I could not be more pleased. Don't get me started on the idiotic guide data problems, but that's not fault of the unit. The only one thing I don't love is that mine are white and I don't like white. Then, shortly after I purchased my second one, they came out with black. But, hey, maybe the white ones can stay cooler. I'm always extremely aware of how I am able to keep my electronics cool.