Bolt, Cox (Las Vegas), NHL Center Ice

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Nevada1K, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Nevada1K

Nevada1K Tivo owner since 2007

Apr 8, 2007
    Las...
    Have three active Tivo units, 2 Premiere and a newly received Bolt, the latter purchased during recent whiteout sale. Picked up cable card and tuning adapter (both Cisco) at local Cox store, installed them when Tivo arrived, had Cox pair and activate and almost all was good, including premium channels HBO, Cinemax, Showtime but there was one exception: "channel not authorized (V58)" on all NHL Center Ice package channels (in Vegas, 671-684 SD and 1671-1679 HD). The NHL Center Ice package works fine on both Premiere units (with CC and TA).

Troubleshooting steps:
    (1) have replaced both CC and TA;
    (2) had two on-site tech visits (neither tech had any CC/TA experience and were mostly on their phones seeking help, getting the CC and Tivo unpaired and repaired);
    (3) 30 minutes on the phone with Tivo tech support checking cable card screens, which indicate a CC issue;
    (4) just under 5 hours (multiple calls) on the phone with Cox tech support, including an hour yesterday with a Cox Supervisor who was located in Virginia and did try to figure the problem without success.

Still V58 on all Center Ice channels. Supposedly, a local Cox supervisor is coming out Monday morning.

Would welcome any suggestions. Also, is there anyone here on Cox (or any provider) receiving Center Ice on a Bolt?

2. ksalwitz

ksalwitz Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Gilbert AZ
    I just installed mine today. So I went to the Cox store and got a new CC and T/A from a not so personable Cox employee. I spent 3 hours on the phone with 2 different techs to 1) get the T/A to work 2) get NHL Center Ice to work. #1 resolved, #2 is a truck roll tomorrow afternoon. I got the same message. Did all the standard stuff:
    1. Installed with splitter for T/A
    2. Installed CC before turning Bolt on
    3. Did Guided setup
    4. called cox to activate CC
    5. Swapped out MOCA filter
    6. Swapped out T/A with one from another TiVo (Series 3HD)
    7. After multiple reboots of both T/A finally works
    8. NHL Center Ice not working.
    9. went through Guided Setup again
    10. Truck rolls tomorrow.
    Any Luck with yours?
    Ken

3. ksalwitz

ksalwitz Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Gilbert AZ
  4. Nevada1K

Nevada1K Tivo owner since 2007

Apr 8, 2007
    Las...
    OP again - to close out this thread, after three more tech visits, I then explained all the troubleshooting that occurred to Tivo Customer Support, they agreed to replace the original Bolt and the replacement is working 100%.