Bolt+ Blues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Les Bartiromo, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Les Bartiromo

Les Bartiromo New Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Connecticut

Advertisements

My MoCA connected TiVo Bolt+ was working fine the first 2 to 3 weeks then stopped with a V52 error message. Figuring it was a cable card issue, I replaced the cable card. It didn't work so I got another. I've gone through about 10 cards. On the signal strength meter, on some cards, I would get 0 digital signal. On other cards, I would get a signal that would pop up to 89 out of 100, stay there for a few seconds, then drop down to 0. If I reboot the TiVo the signal strength meter will stay at 0. I have the cable line coming from the street into a MoCA rated splitter (2.2 ghz) and one side goes to my TiVo Premier Elite and the other goes to the Bolt+. The Premier gets a signal strength in the low to mid 90's all the time. To trouble shoot I have flopped splitter ports, gone directly into the Bolt+ without the splitter, replaced the cable 3 times alone with the 10 cable cards. I have spoken to Comcast who assures me the TiVo is the problem. I have spoken to TiVo who assures me Comcast is the problem. I took a day off from work and a tech from Comcast is coming to the house tomorrow. Is there anything I can make certain he checks aside from the signal strength? Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Thanks!

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Your cablecard is not properly paired. Sadly, you need to call the cablecard hotline and keep escallating until you reach a tech that can set it up properly. An onsite tech is useless unless the signal is an issue, they call the same folks you can reach when trying to pair a card.