Bolt - blue circle when trying to access shows; told me to go thru Guided Setup

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by aliceand1483, Apr 15, 2020.

1. aliceand1483

aliceand1483 New Member

Feb 12, 2017
    This afternoon my TiVo got more and more sluggish. Finally it just wouldn't pull up any shows, just gave me that blue circle like it was trying. I tried to go to TiVo Online to see what I was missing so I could reschedule or delete some shows. Couldn't get on the site, dreaded blue circle. Told me to go through Guided Setup again, so here I am trying that for 2 hours. For about an hour it kept getting stuck at Connecting - Failure to configure. I've rebooted TiVo twice, modem/router twice. Now it's gotten past Connecting but when it gets to Verifying -- Can't verify info.

Now what?

2. aliceand1483

aliceand1483 New Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Ok, I rebooted yet again and got past the Verifying part. Sigh . . . . It now seems to be working. Fingers crossed. Only about 2 1/2 hours out of my life, but what else do I have to do these days, sheltering in place. Good night! (I hope.)

3. djmay

djmay New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Novi, MI
    I am getting the same
    Verifying -- Can't verify info.

I been trying over and over same issue everytime.
    I have rebooted, tried verious things for hours...
    Did you do anything special to get past that?

4. aliceand1483

aliceand1483 New Member

Feb 12, 2017
    I just kept trying, unplugging TiVo, router, kept banging through to that Connecting screen again and again and again. It took its time. I'd get past one step and think Ahhhhh, but then it would catch me again. Just keep trying. That's all I can recommend. What I'm now having a problem with is my TiVo seems to reboot itself at will during the way. I'll be watching something and suddenly it stops and goes through the rebooting process. Really, TiVo? After 15, 20 years, whatever with TiVo I'm running into this crap? Beyond frustrating! Good luck!