Bolt and Bose Cinemate 130

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by greyrock, Jul 2, 2020.

1. greyrock

greyrock New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    My Bolt remote "use" to control the power and volume on my Bose Cinemate 130 system, nothing has changed that I'm aware of and I've tried every possible configuration (CEC on and off both TV and Bose, swapping HDMI inputs, etc) and yes, I've tried the only three codes Tivo recommends, 1007, 1185 and 1131, nothing. Possible one of the Tivo secret updates screwed things up?

2. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    I'd put new batteries in the remote and run a global reset (press TiVo and TV Power until the light comes on the end, press Thumbs Down three times) - then re-pair (in order) to the TiVo box, your TV and then your AVR.

I assume you've already left the AVR unplugged for a few minutes in case it just got jammed up?

greyrock likes this.
  3. greyrock

greyrock New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yes, I have. Funny thing is my 1-year old Samsung smart TV's smart remote works fine on the Bose.
    So one thing new I found out is the TV and Tivo are using RF while the Bose is IR, but I read somewhere with CEC enabled that should not be an issue.

4. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    The TiVo remote will communicate to the TiVo with RF, but it works just fine in IR mode for TV's and AVRs.