Bolt 500GB randomly fast forwarding, switching from TV to YouTube

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by takoateli, Feb 24, 2018.

1. takoateli

takoateli New Member

Feb 24, 2018

Advertisements

The set up is a Bolt 500GB and a Mini, Gigabit Ethernet network, three wireless remotes and I have the TiVo app on my Android phone.

Sometimes the Bolt behaves as though someone is messing with the remote even though the remotes are untouched. This does not happen with the Mini.

I'm assuming that the Bolt is picking up some interference from my WiFi or Verizon Network Extender which are the only RF sources besides BlueTooth on our computers and phones. Last but not least I'm considering it improbable but still an option that the Bolt is hacked.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. clay.autery

clay.autery Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Northwest...
    Well.... the "RF remote" is actually using bluetooth, so it could be errant sigals to from your phones/computer. Shut down bluetooth on everything but the Bolt and see if the problem disappears.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    The original Bolt remote is RF (like the Roamio remote and the TIVo Slide Pro Remote). The new VOX remotes are Bluetooth (and the original Slide Remote was Bluetooth).

Scott

4. takoateli

takoateli New Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Thanks guys. Just to fact check you I looked up the FCC data on the remotes and yes, they are BlueTooth. We can turn off some of our BT devices, but others are mandatory (wireless mice). I'll keep an eye on it and try turning off those devices.
    It seems unlikely the issue is BT interference since BT is encrypted and requires pairing.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

So this is the Bolt VOX remote and not the original Bolt remote which should have an FCC id of TGN-RC30 (and is IR/RF)?

upload_2018-2-25_11-26-43.png

Scott

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  6. takoateli

takoateli New Member

Feb 24, 2018
    It's the original white Bolt remote.