Bolt 4 tuner works better over wifi than hardwired.

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Rkkeller, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Well-Known Member

May 13, 2004

Advertisements

As you can see from my title, my Bolt seems to work a lot better over wifi than hardwired. Very fast no spinning circles, no C133 errors, no problems updating and the only problem is the YouTube app.

Hardwired with 2 different routers and cables, it is slow a lot of spinning circles, C133 errors and update problems and more. Same setup 6 other devices work fine so the problem has to be the Bolt or the OS or something with the TiVo service.

You would think hardwired would be a lot more stable, but not here. Anyone else tried this?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Are the other devices streaming devices? Surfing and similar activities can deal with things streaming cannot.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    With the Ethernet cable connected, MoCA is disabled, right?

Have you tried removing the Ethernet cable from the BOLT and just configuring the BOLT to connect to the FiOS gateway as a MoCA client?

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    MoCA can still be active it depends on what you have it set for. You can be using MoCA as the main connection and then using ethernet port to send the Internet connection to another device/switch. Or you can be using Ethernet and use the MoCA connection to send the Internet connection to another device/switch.

5. RCB719

RCB719 New Member

Apr 18, 2017

Advertisements

Question: I was under the impression that the host box, which my BOLT+ is, had to be internet connected via CAT5 Ethernet cable or (didn't consider this as I have never experienced a wireless connection to be better than hardwire connection), via a wireless connection, so that it would update the guide with the available shows. Can this be done with just the MoCA connection? Is there no need for the internet connection if I am on FiOS with a MoCA network?

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    The MoCA connection would enable the still-required Internet connectivity. The device (BOLT) is just networked over coax instead of Cat6.

RCB719 likes this.