Bolt 1TB OTA - How to obtain MSNBC through my Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by WPSpencer2, Apr 14, 2017.

1. WPSpencer2

WPSpencer2 New Member

Apr 14, 2017

Advertisements

I have a Bolt 1TB OTA with MoCA & internet access connected to 3 Mini's. The system runs flawlessly. My question is how to get MSNBC & CNN live streaming, through my Bolt. I tried DIrecTV NOW - CNN is a live stream. However, MSNBC has a quirky way of avoiding having to view the real-time aired commercials. They put an empty MSNBC set on the screen and play an audio nightmare of a digital drum 15 second loop for the duration of the comercials everone else in the world views. I love watching Rachel Maddow hour long show. But I can't put up with those drums. I'd rather sit true the commercials, the drums are only run on MSNBC's entire programing schedule. I've canceled DirecTV NOW, and ned to find a replacement. HULU offers Rachel Maddows recording for what seems like monthly a monthly update.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Hulu appears to only offer clips of Maddow's show, not full episodes; and I'm not aware of any means to pull-in the MSNBC feed to a TiVo short of subscribing to cable TV -- unless there's some plug-in for PLEX that would facilitate the process, perhaps combined with PlayOn/PlayLater.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    If you were using DirecTV NOW, you may have a device that would allow you to give PS Vue a trial, to see if the experience is any better.