Bogus recording capacity??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jkuo, Jan 3, 2006.

1. jkuo

jkuo New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    RWC
    I have upgraded my HD Tivo to 2 250GB Maxtor drives using the Weaknees twin breeze brackets. when I check the system information, it shows that I have 62 hours of HD capacity and 472 of SD capacity. HOwever, when my wife saves all her 30 minute meals recordings (about 23 episodes), Tivo begins to slow down when i try to access the menu and reboot frequently as if the capacity is reached. I got so frustrated watching the bowl games as it kept rebooting itself. Everytimne this happens I have to delete most of the shows and then restart tivo.

My question is why is Tivo behaving this way when I only have 23 episodes of SD program saved (30 minutes each). It should be no where near the 500GB that I have put in. Has anyone else experience this?

2. Nfuego

Nfuego Finally-My ugly mug

Sep 27, 2004
    Springfield,...
    Just an assumption, but I would say there is something wrong with the main drive you installed.

3. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    I agree. filling the drives should have no impact on performance (at least until they are 90% full).