Boardwalk Empire "What Does the Bee Do?" 10/16/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Family, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Not totally happy about where they went. What's the point of putting The Commodore down so early? There could have been some great battles with Nuck. The scenes with Richard were awesome and the ending was pretty cool, but I don't want Jimmy and his mom to get too weird. The relationship is awesome as is.

Always like either New York or Chicago in every episode. The plotlines are expanding out so that's good with The Commodore's condition. Eli is a loser.

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I really can't get a read on Margaret right now.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I think Margaret's cheapness with the maids is going to start an Occupy Nucky's House movement.

She's weird as heck but Jimmy's mom can get naked on my tv any time. The Commodore was like "WTF?!?!?" when she started going upside his head. I laughed.

4. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Who would say "I'm expecting a wage decrease so here is your paycheck and there's an extra $2 in it"? That doesn't even make sense.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Who knows why she ripped Nucky off for $100. It must have something to do with her family but she could have just asked Nucky. It's not like he's going to say no.

6. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Maybe she's going to pocket the money saved by the staff wage reduction also (which would mean Nucky wouldnt know about the wage cuts). Not sure if she's building a nestegg for her "recently found" family or just in case Nucky goes south.

7. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Or maybe she is just saving for a rainy day. She clearly thinks Nucky is not being frugal enough. Also, wasn't there a comment last season about the women always keeping some money or jewels or whatever of their own?

8. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    Yeah her friend mentioned putting money away last season.

9. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Looks like Chalky will be back with a vengeance. Seems his people want a little revenge.

10. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Wow. Did not see that coming at the end with Gillian. She went nuts on him. Not that I blame her but it just seemed to come out of nowhere. Good to know she didn't really forgive him after all. Dabney Coleman is a good actor because the facial expressions he was making as she slapped him almost made me feel a bit bad for him.

I kept waiting on Jimmy to get mad that Richard posed for the sketch. Glad he didn't.

WTF is going on with Margaret? I really just don't understand where they are taking this character. I REALLY hope she's stashing money because she's afraid Nucky is just spending too frivolously and not because she's mimicking the tramp from last season. Surely she knows she's more than his mistress at this point.

I knew the minute the agents pulled up at the distillery one or both of them was getting hit by that explosion. I just wonder where this story is going. Are we going to really see Van Alden get his comeuppance for all this shady dealings??

Wonder where they are going with the stomach issues with Rothstein. I'm sure we didn't get shown that for nothing.

More Luciano please!

Yay for no skank this week. I can skip the steel wool shower! Woohoo!

11. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, just about every woman I've known has had "back money," it's a common thing. Just wondering why it popped up all of a sudden now in the show and what, if anything, its going to lead to. If she's going to reduce the staff's pay and keep it, then she's turning dark in my eyes.

12. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Jimmy has problems. He was already in debt, took front money from the Philly butcher and now has nothing to deliver. Plus with the Commodore out of action, he has no clout with the Coast Guard to get more.

13. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    So if Nucky knows, but looks the other way about the staff stealing......does he know the same thing about Margaret? I would think so.

14. stujac

stujac Member

Jan 26, 2002
    I think this is what will lead Jimmy back to Nucky. Nucky now has the only source, through Philly, of booze.

15. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    uhh, that's pretty much a common complaint of people with staff -- "they steal from us."

16. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    uhh, I'm aware of that. My point was I wonder if he expects the same from Margaret.

17. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    Perhaps Margret simply recognized the irony of her advising the staff that "it's a special kind of fool who relies on the promise of a drunkard", and is stashing some insurance.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It takes a special kind of man to celebrate a Federal indictment on morals charges! :D

19. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I think her responce can be summed up by the phrase "How dare you let me believe that you will take care of me and then become incapacitated before you can deliver!"

20. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    That final scene had me wondering about the whole poisoning thing from last season. It really seemed to me that they layed that off on the maid rather quickly, quietly and conveniently. And the fact that Nucky paid her off to just go away rather than having her arrested... I thought maybe he was in on it. Now I wonder if Gillian was in on it too?

Thoughts?