Boardwalk Empire 21 - Sept 25th

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Family, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    "I used to touch his winky when he was a baby."
    "How does it feel to have everything?"

Awesome!..... Combined with last nite's episode of Breaking Bad - that was the best nite of television in a long time.

2. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Only it was "I used to kiss his winky..." That makes that line 100 more times creepier.

3. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    might be the most creepy line of an HBO series ever, and I've seen every Oz episode!!!

nice to see BW back, didn't see Nuk getting arrested so soon, should be an interesting season!

4. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Love this show, but like Deadwood it takes a while to get "used" to the dialogue.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I hope the Commodore gets his comeuppance by the time this season is over.

Van Alden might be my least favorite character on tv now. He's so bat-**** nuts that he's unbelievable as a real person.

Jimmy's mom is creeeeeepy.

Who knew that people people spoke of themselves in the third person in the 20s.

6. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I thought Nuk's wedding gift was actually pretty heartfelt and took some effort (minus the stack of cash).

7. dimented

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I didn't understand the wedding present. I am sure it is a reference to something last season that I am forgetting. I hate these long gaps between seasons. Combined with my lack of memory it is a bad thing.

Would you mind explaining the wedding present?

8. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I thought it looked like a statue of a man hunting with a boy. That activity was referenced a couple times this episode.

9. dimented

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Good point. I need to pay closer attention. :eek:

10. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    A couple of points:
    IMHO the lines around the "Breast feeding" scene in Game of Thrones were more creepy than "kissing his winky" (and therefore the winner of the "Creepiest line on HBO"

What a Jump cut! Shows you how adept Nucky is at playing both sides

I thought Lucy was scamming Van Alden when she said she was pregnant, but I guess not (I'm still not convinced he is the father, My guess is that of all the men she'd slept with recently she figured that he was the only one who might actually support her).

I think Jimmy's mom is fairly believable -- you bear the "Big Boss Man's" kid at age 13 and you don't really get to understand what family life is all about.

Where did the Klan get a Machine gun?

Way was Harrow embarrassed to eat in the presence of Jimmy? Was it because he would have to take off the prosthetic to do so?

I don't think Van Alden is crazy, he is just fully steeped in the culture of Racial and Religious intolerance that was rampant at that time. Remember that 40 years later people were worried that JFK would "take orders from the Pope" if he were elected president.

11. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Looked like a Gatling gun. Left over from the Civil War?

12. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    If she was 13 than that does make her a lot more believable because everytime I see her I think there is no way she is old enough to be playing his mom.

13. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Didnt pay much attention but I'm sure it was more along the lines of a Browning 1917 or Maxim 1904 and not a Gatling.

As for how they got one, the klan had many compatriots/sympathizers back then -- it wouldnt be hard for a member to show up with one.

14. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yeah I think I remember the conversation from last season... the commodore was 55 and she was 13. Sick. Nucky used to take her to see him like a pimp. Sick.

I am soooo glad to see Richard Harrow back. I took that scene that he's probably not very nice to see eating since half of his mouth/face is missing. He's probably embarrassed and used to grossing others out. The scrap book he was putting together was just sad. :(

I don't like Jimmy and Nucky at odds. I hope they resolve this storyline. I'd hate to think of them as rivals the entire series.

More Lucky please!

15. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Don't eff with Chaulky. Nothing good can come of that. And after they shoot him up they take the liquor?

16. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    Look out Nucky, Omar comin'.
    Such a good show.

17. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I don't know. I think Chalky has too many separate fronts to do battle on. Nucky. The Commodore, Jimmy and Nucky's brother. The Klan. And Nucky just got arrested.

18. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Well Chalky said he is out of the (adulterating) booze business, and I'm pretty sure that Nucky's brother was at that meeting so he knew that the warehouse/factory was there for the taking.