Boardwalk Empire - 11/7/2011 - Peg of Old

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Family, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2011 #1 of 36
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001

Advertisements

Now we know what's meant when it's said someone caught a bullet.

Fantastic A+ episode. Not only is there a chance Skank is gone forever, but now Van Alden, separated from those horrid scenes with her, may become a player in the prosecution of Nucky. That's where he's best and where he belongs. Meanwhile while Nucky is getting hit, Margaret is getting hit on and how her situation plays out is becoming an interesting sub plot.

The light seems to have switched on with Jimmy that his mother is creepy. Last week's kiss in front of Uncle Junior appeared to make him realize how strange it all is. I think before that moment he accepted things as "that's just how she is." I hope he never reacts as if her behavior is not odd again.

Not enough Capone. And how are they going to repair Jimmy and Nicky? By season's end the two have to be teamed back up... no?

Keep episodes like this coming.....................

2. Nov 7, 2011 #2 of 36
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm going to have to watch it again to make sure I caught everything.

3. Nov 7, 2011 #3 of 36
    stujac

stujac Member

Jan 26, 2002
    We just finished it and are more confused than ever. Who was the guy killed in the bathroom? We thought he was sent to kill Nucky and that's why the Irish guy killed him. Did they send 2?

4. Nov 7, 2011 #4 of 36
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Again just wow at this show.

First, Jimmy! WTF! I was hoping he would secretly have Richard intersect the hit on Nucky then with nobody the wiser, he doesn't look bad to the rest of them and still gets to let Nucky know at some future moment that he saved his life thus returning to the fold, so to speak.

Speaking of Richard, second episode in a row that he was barely in.

Margaret! WTF! She's kind of a tramp, no? Why would you want someone that was just schlepping the maid for Christ's sake? And on Nucky's bed no less. tsk tsk. This will not end well.

I was so waiting on Luciano and Jimmy's mom to get it on again. It was clear from day one no matter who she was, he was really into her. And let's face it, who wouldn't be into him??

Lucy going to Nucky was pretty smart on her part but I'm wondering why she would leave the baby after all she said. I honestly felt we were to think she meant it all. Curiouser and curiouser but I have to say, I won't be too upset if she never returns!!!!

And what was that entire thing in the bathroom with Owen about? Did I miss something there?? I really have no idea who that guy was or why he killed him. Should I??

5. Nov 7, 2011 #5 of 36
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ

Advertisements

He said something about trying to find the guy for months, so I assume it was part of his old job with the Irish people.

6. Nov 7, 2011 #6 of 36
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I think you mean shtupping.

And she might be a tramp, but not a very good one. Compare her scene to Jimmy's mom. I understand how he got the nickname Lucky.

7. Nov 7, 2011 #7 of 36
    zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    There may be still be an agenda with her. She was shtupping the muscle after all. She may have an agenda for him. She may want to use him in some way towards her family. Maybe she wants to get rid of the brother and get her sisters back. Maybe she wants to get her a brother a job! Maybe ...

I think she is a smart cookie.

8. Nov 7, 2011 #8 of 36
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    What did Jimmy say to Nucky before the shot?

Margaret was pregnant while in Ireland and miscarried on the voyage over? I wonder what her brother refused to help her with that caused her to flee. If she keeps messin' around with Owen, Nucky might wonder why his new baby has an Irish accent. :)

Is an Alden trying to play both ends against the middle? Did he take Nucky's offer? If he's so honest, he should have told the DA woman about Nucky's deal.

Was that a poopy diaper on the phonograph? What did the note say?

9. Nov 7, 2011 #9 of 36
    zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I think the note referenced the theater opportunity that she had to pass on.
    Jimmy said something like "All you have to do is make a decision" if I heard it right.

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    DOH! Of course. Was just typing too fast or thinking too fast. At first I read this and thought "That's what I just said" then realized my mistake. :eek:

And trust me, he's not the lucky one, she is!

"It doesn't make a difference if you're right or wrong – you just have to make a decision."
    Feels like it should have meaning beyond just the words. Now I'm wondering back to season 1 as to whether Nucky said that same phrase to Jimmy. Anyone?

11. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Owen's job with the IRA. They were talking about Irish wars/feuds whatever with which clan which was with. Owen was left in the states to whack Del Grogan. Owen was saying he was looking for him for months.

12. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I assume her brother and family disowned her because she was pregnant. That's why she left. She claimed she was raped but admitted when her brother asked doubtfully that indeed she wasn't. We knew she miscarried on the boat over from the file Van Alden had with her picture.

The note said "A Dangerous Maid", the name of the play.

Of course Lucky is still having sex with Jimmy's mom, because she is the only woman he is not impotent with. I do wonder if his gonorrhea is cured or if he is still a carrier and can pass it on.

13. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    WHATTT?? I missed this. If true... Jimmy's mom isn't so lucky.

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    It was in episode 3 of the first season. They show him at the doctor getting it treated and that's when we learn he was having issues getting it up.

15. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    In fact the "note" was (if I'm not mistaken) the title page of the script.

I don't think that Van Alden took Nucky's deal, that is why he gave his "Nucky File" over to the Feds. Ironically the problem that Nucky was going to help him with (care for the kid) will also be "fixed" by the US attorney, although I suspect that their solution will be to adopt her out, and Van Alden is enough of a ******-bag that he wont want that to happen.

16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I hope the Van Alden/Lucy/Baby storyline is over. That was a complete waste of airtime. The bar killing seemed kind of random. Yeah there may have been some "history" there but the scene seemed more like an attempt to throw some violence/action into an episode that didn't have any until the Nucky shooting at the end.

17. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I wonder if he was saying that about himself and his decision to make the hit on Lucky.

Frankly that whole scene confused me. Why would a hitman take 1 shot like that from any distance.

18. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    In a crowd! In front of Jack Dempsey!

I was wondering why there was a federal agent there and then I remembered that Miss DA said she wanted a tail on Nucky.

19. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    And Al ends up going insane due to syphilis - during and after his sentence in Alcatraz.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wonder how she's going to feel when she realizes she was screwing her boyfriend's bodyguard while her boyfriend was getting shot?