Bluegrass Satellite

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by lynn02, Jan 18, 2005.

1. lynn02

lynn02 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Northern...

Advertisements

I had a guy show up wanting to survey me from Bluegrass Satellite. He said they were checking up to see if customers were satisfied with their installs. I used the movers program a few weeks ago and the installer was terrible. I informed the guy that showed up today that I was unhappy with the install. He said that the install was sloppy and said he was going to get another installer to come out and redo it. I must say I was surprised that they are checking up on their installers. I will be even more surprised if another installer shows up and does a cleaner install than the first installer.

2. CsrLiz344

CsrLiz344 New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Ohio
    Wow, I've never had BS check up on me, I would be surprised if they did.

3. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Beware, it could be a scam.

Some guys will come over becuase you're home waiting for them to come over, tie you up, and steal everything in the house. Greet them at the door with a shotgun in hand.

4. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    I'd ask for his ID, and then call Bluegrass to verify his story.

5. lynn02

lynn02 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Northern...

Advertisements

It was definitely odd. I've never had them check to see if I was happy with the install.

6. Pressplay

Pressplay New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Mississippi
    Be cautious, why not go ahead and call the company and see if they do send follow ups...

7. MattsDTIVO

MattsDTIVO New Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Actually this happened to me to, sorta. A week after I had my Directv installed a van pulled up to the side of the house and a guy came out and started looking at the satellite connections and the satellite. I went out to ask what he was doing when he said he was from Bluegrass Satellite and was checking up on the installition of my system. He fixed a few loose wires and cleaned up some zipties that were put on roughly, asked me some questions on the install and went away. He did have some ID and one of those metallic signs on his van. I called the number for bluegrass that was on my purchase order (not the number on the card that the guy gave me) and they confirmed everything.

Hope this helps

8. swizzlest

swizzlest Furry Cat Feet!

Sep 13, 2003
    OH-IO
    I had a Bluegrass Satellite guy come to my house after my movers program, also. He was an older guy with big-framed glasses. He had ID, and all he wanted to do was look around, so I let him in.

He surveyed the installation, gave it a thumbs up (I agreed). He thanked me for my time and went on his way. End of story.

As always, if you're questioning, then go ahead and all the company.

9. GadgetJunkies

GadgetJunkies Gadgets yeeessss

Sep 8, 2002
    Ohio
    DTV had Bluegrass do the movers program for me also. I had to supply the guy with a drill bit to go through the mortar and then a drill because his battery went dead. He didn't even have the correct work order. I ended up doing most of the work myself. They should stop by here!

10. jaminthe Tivo

jaminthe Tivo New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Ft Thomas
    wow I had the same with Bluegrass Satellite and they were great after my first install.

11. 23goober23

23goober23 DTV CSR

Jan 19, 2005
    all dtv installs r done by hsp's. (home service providers) they r always randomly sched 4 check ups to make sure that the installers r doing their job correctly. no need to worry, but like mentioned b4, u can always call the installation company, and dtv can also look up and see if those r sched

12. Directvlover

Directvlover Go Huskers!

Apr 12, 2004
    Last year, I booked my install through DTV. When the local installer was there he mentioned that within a few days his supervisor would be by to double check his work. Sure enough a few days later, a guy showed up and checked it out both inside and out...He had ID too. Nice to know some installers have quality control. I must say though, my installer did a wonderful job. He would even take his shoes off when he came in from the outside. He did the neatest install i've ever seen. All wires are hidden out of sight. And since my backyard faces the south, the dish is out back and therefore out of sight from the street. He aimed the dish perfectly too. I get signal strengths of 95-100 on most transponders.

13. frosty35

frosty35 New Member

May 10, 2005
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm a working team leader for Bluegrass Satellite, and we do have quality personnell out there making sure that your jobs have been installed correctly.

If this system of checks was not in place, your houses would literally be wrapped w/ wire like the mom and pop dealerships do for dishnetwork.

So next time you'd like to meet someone at the door w/ a shotgun, you might want to check out their i.d. and if it makes you feel better, check on them, they might just be a WTL like me, who's sole job is to make sure systems are perfectly installed, if they don't pass a minimum set of standards, I and others will gut the system and reinstall it free to the customer.

That doesn't sound like a thief to me, but more on the side of someone who cares about the customer.

So be cool about meeting your fellow people at the door.

14. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    Good intallation companies do this regularly. When I was with cable we would regularly check 10% of installs randomly. If we found problems we checked more for those installers, then retrained/replaced them as necessary. EXpect only what you INspect, as my boss used to say.

15. Rax

Rax New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    In a box.
    Microtech called me one day to say that my installation (that they did) was sloppy and I needed to pay to have it redone. I told off the woman on the phone, asked for the manager who was conveniently in a meeting and asked to have someone "important" call me. The only time I've heard from them since was the next day when they called to sell me an alarm setup.

16. CsrLiz344

CsrLiz344 New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Ohio

As I mentioned on another thread, BS totally screwed up my local dish install. When I called D* to have someone check it cause I kept losing local signal, the guy said it needed to be put on a pole, and the charge would be $75. I told him no way am I paying that to have you put a pole in the ground and set a dish on top. When I was on hold for D* to complain, he said he would do it for free, cause it was his only job that day, and he wouldn't get paid otherwise.
    So, as far as that "we'll do it for free" thing, don't bet on it-you might have to argue first, even tho the original install was done wrong.

17. Bamiller3

Bamiller3 New Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Indiana

How do we know that your not part of this scam? :D

18. Hodaka

Hodaka New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    Rolla, MO
    You mean you don't greet everyone that way? No wonder my wife thinks I'm so odd :)

19. phantasus

phantasus New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Does anyone have a number for Bluegrass Satellite? They called and left me a voice mail today and told me that they can up my install, but the number they left me is for some other company and when I call it I get disconnected.

20. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    It all sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

:)