blue light wont turn off and cant upload with pytivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by newsposter, Dec 30, 2011.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    had this box for about 2 months and been using pytivo successfully. tonight all of a sudden the blue light comes on and stays on..rebooting computer and tivo doesnt fix it. . pytivo isnt even turned on and the light comes on.

when i go to my movies on the menu it wont let me view the things on the laptop (blank screen where shows normally are) but if i go to the pytivo interface thru IE you can see the shows that are on the tivo.

i did just get a new router 2 days ago but all has been well since then and the tivo does connect to the web just fine. this is the only dvr in the house

also on tivo desktop i can pick recordings to transfer and see everything on the tivo

edit: i deleted a show that was in the todo list queue and a few min later it did turn off. still would love to know why it happened. i am able to successfully push from the laptop to the tivo but under mymovies i cannot get any list of shows to show up so not quite fixed all the way

double edit: i guess this entire post miraculously solved itself. rebooting tivo yet again fixed it all the way it's supposed to be

2. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    now it's back to not working ugh...at times the todo list has totally disappeared...then i canceled the alleged transfer by nothing in the pytivo window was actually working so it really wasnt transferring. and now the blue light is stuck on again.

also now when i go to mymovies on the tivo the first page shows up but when i try to scroll down it locks up and i need to pull the plug to reset

then sometimes when the light is off, i go to transfer something and it then turns on the blue light but in the todo list it says the transfer will happen when the current program is done, but three is no program

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Sounds like a "stuck transfer" problem.
    What were you transferring when you first noted the problem?

And after clearing the problem, did you try transferring the same material again?

In my case, it happened with a video that must have been improperly encoded. The Tivo would initiate the transfer (blue light), but there was no indication that the video was being recorded. It did not show up in the Now Playing list. The ToDo list and recording history also gave no indications. Once I figured out that it was the video I was trying to transfer causing the problem, I ran the video through VRD's quickstream fix and all was well.

My fix for getting the Tivo "unstuck": I set up a transfer with a known "good" video and noted that it was in the transfer queue. I then rebooted the Tivo. When the Tivo came back up, it started transferring the new request.
    If I tried rebooting the Tivo without a transfer in queue, nothing would happen. :confused:

Hope this helps...

4. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    well i did so much to try to fix it i dont even remember how it got unstuck finally

but now i have a new problem. when i try to push something, the blue light goes on but nothing starts to encode and nothing shows up on the show list on the tivo. my CPU isnt maxed out so i can tell it's not really doing anything but then why does the blue light show up

also nothing shows up under mymovies on the PC

strange thing is if i try to pull movies i can see the entire list on my browser and actually transfer to PC but not go from PC to tivo push or pull

i did just install a new router but if i can pull from tivo to computer that means it's set up right???